The ETTN Techie Award recognizes an individual for their engineering achievements of a product, process, or component that demonstrates innovative and original engineering development, and/or advances state-of-the-art technology as it pertains to the automotive industry or product sector. This award is not necessarily presented each year, but is bestowed as viable candidates are nominated and selected.
- The Achievement (product/process/component/advancement) must be new, original and innovative to the automotive industry at the time it was accomplished.
- The achievement may be a recent or historical engineering innovation.
- The candidate must be a SEMA member in good standing.
- Membership in the ETTN should be the primary considerations for nomination and selection as an award recipient but at its discretion, the Awards Sub-committee may select an individual who is not a current ETTN member.
- If the nominee is an individual who has previously received this award within the past three years, he/she is ineligible for consideration.
- Seated ETTN select committee members are not eligible for The Techie Award. Please check ETTN select committee roster prior to submitting nomination.